For peeling, trimming, cutting, washing and drying up to 1,200 kg/h of tuber vegetables
In the semi-automatic continuous processing line, the product is first transported via the water bunker belt into the two peeling machines where it is peeled and then trimmed directly afterwards on the roller sorting table. It is subsequently automatically transported to a cutting machine via the water buffer conveyor, cut and forwarded to the washing machine. In a parallel step, a second cutting machine is used for cutting, and this cut product is filled into the washing machine manually. After the washing process, the product is placed into spin baskets situated on a basket carousel. One person places the filled baskets into the two spinners one after the other. The product can then be further processed.
Excellent final results are achieved due to the exact and continuous cut with the KUJ-V, the professional preparation at the sorting table and the effective yet gentle washing and spinning. The line also has a low personnel requirement during processing due to automatic conveying.
The following machines or solutions are integrated into the line:
- Preparation and conveying: Water bunker belt
- Peeling: Two PL 40K potato peeling machines with different abrasive grain sizes, an optional peel collector and a peeling basket reinforced with a perforated plate
- Preparation and conveying: RVT 20/25 roller sorting table and water buffer conveyor
- Conveying: PLUS inclined conveyor belt
- Washing: GEWA 3800 ECO HELICAL washing machine with vibration outfeed and an optional measuring and dosing system or UVC water reactor.
- Drying: two KS-100 PLUS with a basket carousel
Application options and capacities:
The line processes up to 1,200 kg of product per hour. It is used for the abrasive peeling and preparation of tuber vegetables including potatoes, carrots, beets and celery. The products can then be further processed – whole or cut – for example packaged as raw, blanched, cooked or frozen products.
The raw products are processed whole. Only long products such as carrots or radishes should be previously cut into two or three parts to achieve a perfect peeling result. The diameter of the product should not exceed 150 mm.
Pumpkins and squashes cannot be processed on this line. The line can be optionally offered with the AMS 220 peeling machine for flat pumpkins.
Please note: The videos show alternative lines or machines.